9.16.2008

Sha-sha-shafted!*

Rooney, the band that made their debut on the hit show The OC (which is one of my favorites), let us have the luxury of hosting them last weekend in Provo. Taking the Borem out of Orem they played a set in Provo's hip and hot spot- Spoon Me. Michelle, Aubree, and I (missing Kelsey dearly) all went together with every intention of becoming groupies.

"Sha-Sha-Shakin" came on and our desire to scheme a way of meeting only festered inside of us, but we kind of got over it after our attempt to get to the front of the stage failed miserably when an oversized man, who was crowd surfing, fell on Michelle's head. Causing her paralyzation. But I'm not here to tell you about Michelle being paralyzed. I have more important things to share...

The show:
From Fall Friends


Rooney Lovers:
From Fall Friends



The show ended, we left, but decided we were hungry. We went back to Spoon Me, and waited in line for a treat, but what we were really served was quite tastier. ROONEY!!!!

The band walked through. We had to act fast. I grabbed one by the arm telling him about how "they did such a GREAT job." He said "thanks..." I kept walking along side of him and suddenly I'm 20 feet away from their car.

Robert Schwartzman, the main singer of Rooney, and also the total boyfriend babe in Princess Diaries, waved at us! We see take the wave as our in. We tell him "you guys did great!" because it's the most clever thing that comes to your mind when completely star struck. He says "thanks, what are you guys up to?" We were all stumped, so Michelle answers: "I don't know, lingering longer..... I mean... we're actually leaving." He invites us to "come to his hotel" and to "meet him in the lobby."

SOOOO we go. We walk up to the hotel. The car was at the bellhop area. It takes off as soon as we walk up. Regardless, we walk into the hotel, no Jason to be found. That's right ladies and gents... I was ditched by Rooney. So what?!

Michelle paralyzed for a few days, (this is legit, hospital visit with pain killers and all):
From Fall Friends



Julie's babies came to Utah!

Caroline and Nathaniel:
From Fall Friends


From Fall Friends


From Fall Friends


From Fall Friends


From Fall Friends


From Fall Friends



Well, I have to go start studying for my child development class. The plastic wrapper on the book is still intact, meaning it has not been opened. My test is Monday, I'm supposed to have read up to page 118. On Thursday we watched two live births in class. This is NOT helping my cause and getting me to open this book. It's a good thing I'm a natural and am great with kids.

*I give credit, where credit is due. You know who you are.

4 comments:

  1. ya gurl we's movin back in december. exactly one day before lisa gets hitched. hope we make it! when you throwin in your v-card? and who gets it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rooney, the format, and your red truck go together like peanut butter, bananas, and graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, you got ditched by Rooney. I don't know who he is, but that's funny. Poor michelle. A fat bodysufer? That's a bad day.
    I love the picture you took, i'm going to steal them for my blog.
    LOVES TO MY PROVO SIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for documenting the "rooney lovers"

    this really was a great show. and i might've just felt like a cast member of the oc.

    ReplyDelete