3.27.2011

The Allen Family Takes New York

The Allen family is my mom's side of the family, and man, do I love them. All of my cousins and aunts and uncles are seriously the most fun.

So when my uncle decided his family was going on a trip to NYC then on a LDS church history tour, all of the other Allen families decided they wanted to go as well. Thus, the spur of the moment family reunion (mind you, we all (well all but one) live less than 30 minutes away from each other in Arizona).

New York City was a blast (and now I want to move there). It was pretty much impossible to stay together during that portion of the trip, so we kind of went off with our own families.

The Patterfam (my family) went and saw Spiderman (most incredible sets/costumes/stunts ever even though I'm no comic fan):

Hung out in times square (obviously):

Froze while visiting lady liberty:

Hung out with the only cousins that live in a different state (the Texas Allens):

Ate banana pudding for breakfast from Magnolia Bakery:

Got super arty at some art museums (and took pictures in front of Chuck Close paintings to make Dustin jealous):

Ate lots of brunch at the same place (and ordered the same thing every single time):

Peeped the NYC Public Library (awesome):

Ate lots of chocolate:

And did a bus tour (don't judge us!):

Last but not least, I got crazy knots in my hair from the wind:

New York City was so much fun, I think I'm ready to go back.

13 comments:

  1. you hair is amazing in every picture. love you red-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are all so beautiful. I miss the Patterfam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you were able to go with your fam. if you ever go back you have to see an opera at the met. they're the best opera house in the world pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. come back soon!!! if you liked in in the cold you will LOVE it when it gets nice out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmk i also got serious knots in my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great trip. Love the photos especially the one with Spider Man!! Looks like everyone was really having a Blessed fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! I've never been to NY but I am dying to go, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE new york! your family is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. banana bread pudding from magnolia is thee best! we try to go to the one in l.a. whenever we are visiting my family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. It's been way too long since I've been to New York! If it makes you feel any better, that is what my hair looks like all of the time. : / I always think.. maybe when I get a boyfriend, I'll start brushing it... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so, so, so many great photos! what a huge blessing to come from such a large and wonderful family, your trip looked like a blast - love Spidey!!!! and so interesting to go on that historical tour, must have been full of inspiration. you have the best hair ever, knots or not! ♥

    ReplyDelete