8.31.2009

365 Days


This last Saturday, Dustin and I celebrated our one year "friend" anniversary!

What does that even mean, you ask? Well, it means that exactly one year ago was the first time Dustin and I meant to see each other. We used to run into each other a lot when we both were in Utah last summer. I'm talkin' twice a week!!! We finally exchanged numbers, and hung out down here for the first time together, before I went to school, and right after he came down to school. That's right, we were going to school in each other's home states. Ironic! Dontcha think?

I didn't know how old Dustin was, so I took him to practically a high school party. Wish I was kidding. Later that night was when I found out he was 27. A few weeks after that I found out he was 28 the whole time, but accidentally told me the wrong age that night. I guess that's what happens when you are taken to a high school party in your late twenties by a girl who you barely even know!



The first night we ever hung out I thought he looked like my friend Courtney's boyfriend, so I took a picture of him. That is kind of embarrassing to admit I thought that now, because I am dating Dustin and she is married to her then boyfriend! Awkward! (Sorry Courtney and Wyatt and Dustin!)

Dustin and I hit it off, and we have talked every day since!



Because I like to make fake holidays in order to celebrate, I dubbed Saturday our one year anniversary and we celebrated in style! Starting with breakfast at a cute little joint called La Grande Orange, where we ordered "French Pancakes" that turned out to be Crepes. Who knew?!


Followed by the Arizona Science Center, which was a blast. Highly recommended. Except I will tell you, we were the odd ones out because we didn't have our children with us. The night ended with a trip to Walmart to buy makings for oreo milkshakes and a few other items for us "health nuts":


Best 365 days EVER! Nobody can make me laugh like my boo does, happy anniversary Dust-o!

11 comments:

  1. you couldn't have stated it better. the patterson's like dustin around for cool rope tricks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once celebrated a 365 days of "being friends", I even made three giant cakes shaped like the numbers "3" "6" and "5". He had thought we were dating apparently, and it didn't end well. We're not friends anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should be a writer. Seriously. I loved the recap. And I love Dusty for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Jenna. Not going to lie. I read your blog always in anticipation of a shiny diamond ring. 365 days of knowing one another! That is decades in mormon years. I'm just saying... I think you'd make a fabulous bride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i love it.
    i like that if i go to church with amelia i get a suprise visit from you 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i have your sweet shake recipe paleeze?
    thanks.

    p.s.- your header makes me wish it was late spring.

    xo
    e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally with Molly on this one. And at this point I really hope we are good enough friends that I would recieve a phone call before reading it on your blog missy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. he does cool flips on the beach too. i love dusty and jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are amazing. I like that you took him to a high school party...if I tried that with tyler, he would of run.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenna, your hair is amazing!
    I love your friend aversary blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How FUN Jenna! That's so cool. I know we never see eachother and haven't for a long time, but I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you :)

    ReplyDelete